Friday, July 3, 2009

lesson # 732 and 733

Today, I walked the 33 km from Leon to Hospital de O...... It was mostly flat, and I am told is a very impressive accomplishment for a ´chica.´Walked into the parossial albergue to the sound of Gregorian chants and took one look at the lovely, tranquil garden and decided I was staying here, even if that meant I wouldn´t know anyone at all. Well, I got to know someone really quickly as I forgot to lock the door to the shower (which also happens to open onto the courtyard) and was in the midst of towelling off my sweat when a young Spanish man opened the door. I screamed, he apologized 32 times, everyone got a good laugh. I came out of the stall a few moments later, curtsied to my adoring fans, and continued on my merry way (lesson 732 = always lock the door). I walked to the back yard and preceded to wash my clothes, by hand, again. I cursed my mother for never teaching me how to hand wash my clothing, and was taught how to use the washboard by an old Spaniard who pretty much laughed at me for about five minutes because of my poor laundering abilities (lesson 733 - wash clothes in private).

3 comments:

  1. Sarah
    That was quite a show in the shower lol, I heard there is very little privacy in some albergues. You hang in there girl!!!
    Rita
    www.rita-underthemilkyway.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Sarah,
    Sounds like you're having fun (and providing it for others). And you are leaving a positive impression of Americans on those you encounter. Keep up the good work! -- Patrick

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha!! Sounds like you are having a blast! (albeit a nekkid one!!)

    ReplyDelete