Monday, June 22, 2009

horray hemmingway

I had started a blog two days ago from zubiri, but the computer was unplugged before I published it. I have spent the past two days taking it easy and relaxing by various rivers. My pack is TOO heavy. As I was finishing up my hike today, a guy rolled down his car window and asked me if ´tienes cansada?´ I didn´t know it was so obvious. i guess the panting of my breath and the beet red color on my face may have given it away. I walked through Pamplona today with another American, a German girl, and an Israeli guy. However, the hustle and bustle of the city was too much for me, so I bid adieu and continued on my way to the most wonderful albergue every. It has a garden in the back and a cold soda machine. The albergue last night was in Arres and was also beautiful, in an old convent. Even though it had this religious setting, it had beer in the vending machine!

Before arriving there, we stopped at the festival in Larrasoana. There were many delicious things to eat, accordian music to hear, free wine and cheese for the whole town at 12:30, and a country women´s sporting contest. These were the scariest looking women I´ve ever seen in my life (one looked like a younger version of Susan Boyle). They competed in tug of war, weight lifting, relay races involving more weights, etc. The whole town gathered to watch this spectacular spectacle of serious sporting senoritias.

So, all in all, I´ve only walked maybe 60 kilometers, but I´m learning to take my time and enjoy the sights.

much love to all,

2 comments:

  1. It seems you are having a great time. You better be taking tons of pics!! We miss you around here ... well, at least I do.

    Cuidate chica! :O)

    ReplyDelete
  2. those women sound big and slightly scary. miss you and have fun!!!

    ReplyDelete