Monday, June 29, 2009

in the hospital

Okay, not a real hospital. I´ve been staying in pilgrim´s hospitals rather than albergues. These have been fabulous. They are donation based, and you cook and eat dinner with 25 other pilgrims from all around the world. I think this is a much better experience. Yesterday we ate paella and then had prayer in the top of the church in Granon (thanks Sarah G for the suggestion!) Today I am in another small town, which I have no idea how to spell, but we will be visiting this old hermitage built into the side of the mountain and cooking, eating, and praying together. It is so warm and welcoming, which totally makes up for the fact that I´m sleeping on the floor on a small mattress.

I am hiking smaller distances 20-25 kms a day, and have pretty much decided to sin and catch a bus for the stretch into Leon. It is mostly next to the highway, and there is no shade or water in the meseta. I need trees in order to be happy. Still hot, only rain at night, but my feet and joints are much better. I also have the weirdest tan lines possible. My calves and shoulders are very tan, but I have a white stripe on each hand, under my arms, in my elbows, and an awesome sock line. No wonder that old bartender told me I was mas bonita en todo el mundo. I also smell really great!

love to all,

No comments:

Post a Comment