Saturday, June 27, 2009

images

So, today I reached Astorga after about 11 hours and 35 kms. Every joint in my body is in pain. Every single one. I think this is some sort of lesson about pushing myself, but I´m not sure what it is.

red clay, golden wheat fields, bright green grapevines with tiny grapes popping out in clusters, white and yellow butterflies, birds singing, storks in the cathedral tops, blue mountains in the distance, the sound of church bells, the rustle of wheat in the breeze, the largest bright blue skies, few clouds, the heat that radiates from above, below, and beside, the sound of my feet pounding rocks, occasional curse words, random songs that I sing, red wildflowers, purple prickly cacti looking flowers, the largest aloe vera plants I´ve ever seen (feed me, seymour), roses crawling up the sides of fences and buildings, red geraninums in tera cotta pots lining every window sill, snail cities on weeds and poles, sound of bugs in the fields, achy bones, hip joints, breathe in for 8, breathe out for 8, 6 different languages being spoken all around me at once, vino tinto from rioja, stinky cheese, apples, peaches, olives, bruise on my arm, sunburn on my calves and shoulders, dust in my nose, smile on my face.

No comments:

Post a Comment