Wednesday, June 17, 2009

it takes all kinds

Don't have a lot of time as others want to use the computer. I spent all day yesterday on the train. During the last stage of my trip, I'm minding my own business when all of a sudden I see a guy wearing a long white pilgrim's robe. I figure, okay, he's dressed in costume for his trip, I like costumes, too. No big deal. Next thing I know, I turn around and everyone is wearing matching outfits and they begin to chant, in Latin, in the middle of the crowded train....for like thirty minutes. I, at first thought it was a cult of some sort, but I'm pretty sure they're just Catholic.

Last night I ate dinner with people from Holland, France, Canada, Bosnia, Ireland, and lil' ol' moi. Two of the guys who were riding their bikes really reminded me of muppets, but I can't remember which ones. The French women I slept with went to bed early, and although I heard them snoring all night, I did not hear them wake up this morning. I awoke to an empty room and fresh coffee downstairs.

Anywho, I'm about to hike up the side of a mountain. In the rain. Woohoo.

Much love,

No comments:

Post a Comment