Thursday, June 25, 2009

river of the bull

I am in Rio del Torres right now. I walked 30 kms today. This morning, I woke up in the crazy hostel in Estella and led a yoga class for three Italian men on the patio. There was an audience and everything. Then we ate breakfast and listened to Bob Marley (no woman no cry has been in my head all day). I left the hostel and walked past the wine fountain, but even though they were supposed to open at 8, there was no wine coming out. We waited for like 30 minutes, but to no avail. One man commented that this ´was the longest pub crawl I´ve ever been on.

We wanted to stop in Los Arcos, but the refugio was full. It turned out to be great because there was a thunderstorm in the distance and we got to see the rain pouring down over the mountain. The best part was it actually rained on us for about five minutes, which was a lovely respite from the blazing hot sun. Seriously, it´s like I walked straight out of Washington State into the middle of New Mexico in a few short days.

Last night, I ate dinner at a local restauraunt that specialized in bulls´ balls. I had the fish.

3 comments:

  1. By the way, Torres means Towers not Bulls ... unless I am missing something in my own language, i believe i am correct on that one. I am glad you settle for fish, I do not think I would have gone for 'em either hahahahhaha

    ReplyDelete
  2. ok, my spanish sucks. obviously

    ReplyDelete
  3. hahhaha, do not worry! that's why you have me! Bulls are Toros
    Towers are Torres

    who cares anyway? you are having a great time!!! that's what really matters!

    Enjoy and keep us posted of your latest adventures :O)

    ReplyDelete